It took about a week for my husband/friends/coworkers to get used to the change - and maybe even a little longer for me to recognize myself!
Here are some tips about going PLATINUM that I gathered from multiple blogs and a few conversations with my hair stylist:
1. Don't wash your hair for the few days before you bleach - the natural oils will help protect your scalp during the bleaching process
2. Invest in a purple shampoo and conditioner - I am using Kevin Murphy Blonde Angel
3. Bring a book with you (and maybe a snack) - like I said. FIVE hours.
4. Buy a hair mask to apply once a week, to keep your hair from getting too dry
5. Buy a hair oil product and heat protection spray to keep your hair soft on a daily basis - I'm loving Kevin Murphy Damage Manager because it's super lightweight
6. Test out new makeup shades to go with your new hair - I previously wore mostly warm colors (like golds and corals), but now I can pull off some cool colors (like purple and maroon shades)
If you decide to take the plunge, I hope you enjoy the change like I did!
xo! - Blondie